Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fashion Week!!!

 This is a very special blog this week because, New York's Spring/Summer 2012 Fashion Week is upon us! YEAH!!! I love the fashion world and its always so exciting to see whats new in fashion and hair! In my dream world, I would be at fashion week. But until then I can only scan through all the pictures online pretending that I'm not sitting on my couch in Texas, but sitting runway side rubbing shoulders with Lindsey Lohan and Tim Gunn, watching a Jason Wu show or watching Betsey Johnson's new line right before my eyes. Hey, we all have dreams :) So as a good hairdresser would I criticized each hair style that sashays down the runway. Here are my favorites and my not so favorites.
   I wasn't a fan of all the plastered down hair looks but, this BCBG Max Azria model looks so stunning with her sleek hair.(above) A lot of the models that were styled like this,with their hair down or in a tight pony tail. This style is very chic with her hair down and the sides back very tight.
This is Carmen Marc Valvo (above) and I absolutely LOVE this! I love seeing the part down the center
and hope this retro look catches on. I know a lot of you cringe when you hear a center part is in, I know you are married to the side part, but I have noticed this trend lately on TV and movies, too. Just because you center part it doesn't mean you have to look like you did when you were 12. You can wear it really sleek and straight or with lots of movement and bounce. Like this Luca Luca model:
Even though I love Alexander Wang, I am not diggin' the hair :
This center part look is not what I suggest.
Now, talk about sexy! This is my favorite style of them all!!! And it comes from my favorite designer, Betsey Johnson:
This brings a new twist on wavy hair! Wavy/curly on one side and slicked back on the other. This look is soft and edgy at the same time. And the all over bleach blonde is beautiful! Next time you blow your hair out with a round brush, try styling it like this! Blow dry it with a round brush, give the ends a little curl with the iron if you want. Then, just side part it and brush back the side with the help of some light hold gel, bobby pins and a little hairspray! All you need is the leopard print bra and your a Betsey Johnson girl!

This Diane Von Furstenberg updo is so soft and volumus! Very classic. It may be a little big for a regular day, but I saw a lot of hair pulled up in messy updos.

Jason Wu knocked it out of the park with his line, as usual! This messy updo look (below) is great, not sure about the twigs sticking out the back, but I would rock it!

This orange dress and pink platforms are killer! From Jill Stuart's line. But what I really love are these "side bangs" Try this with your bangs by braiding or twisting them into the side of your hair, if you don't have bangs, do what they did with this model and easily sweep the front over to the side.
 Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B. is always a fav, but this skinny beehive do is not my fav. The cat eye makeup is HOT! And the black and white geometric patterns shown in this picture are so sharp! Love Gwen!! 
Even though I'm not crazy about the high bun, on L.A.M.B.'s models, I am really liking this fun side ponytail/ bun thing going on, from Jen Kao's show! And I love these colorful shorts and flowing kimono like jacket!
And last but not least, this avant garde head piece!
This is also from Jen Kao's line. I'm sure we will be seeing Lady Gaga sporting this sometime soon! I don't know about you, but I love it. I will be the most fabulous one at Mardi Gras with this mask!

            So that's it for my New York Fashion Week review! Its been fun, but now I have to go read every other blogs and magazines on this topic! If you want to look at more from Fashion Week check out Elle.com

                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment